The Royal institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) is a professional body whose professional chartered surveyors are designated to provide different types of property surveys. These surveys are protected by law in Dubai and in many other countries. Chartered surveyors in Dubai provide a number of services such as;
- Chartered Building Surveyor
- Chartered Quantity Surveyor
- Chartered Civil Engineering Surveyor
These all surveys are provided by field experts of Commonwealth countries including Dubai and Ireland. The world’s first professional body of surveyors, Royal Charter, derived and approved the word “Chartered” to represent the professional of this field. Chartered Surveyors are permitted to use “MRICS” after their names.
Chartered Surveyors are quite professional trained and experienced people in evaluating properties. They offer specialized advisory with fair and independent evaluation about specific property, its relative issues, and problems. Every property survey depends on its structural pros and cons so it is very important to highlight each and every aspect before advice. Their very basic level duties include;
- Property Valuation: property valuation depends on its location, available facilities like, electricity, water, gas, sewerage system and transportation and available area.
- Structural defects in buildings: in building evaluation, its basic structure quality is very important. As per weather and climate, it makes a huge difference and needs proper attention.
- Environmental issues: some properties are located too much exposed to the weather conditions, some are located at very high alert areas, while some others are close to natural resources. The effects of these environmental issues on the living units must be taken into consideration by a team of professionals.
In the United Arab Emirates, Building Surveying Department is well established and competent. It endorses Chartered Surveyors who provide detailed expertise in construction area. Their abilities include:
- Auditing Building Condition
- Compliance and Construction Progression Reports
- Defects Analysis
- Building Inspection and Surveying
- Auditing and Inspection of Fire Safety
- Valuation Surveys for replacement
- Looking after reserve fund
- MEP Audits, Structural Surveys and Deformation Inspections
- Project supervision and management
They also provide commercial valuation which includes all-purpose valuation of collections of property, monthly payment valuations, loan and security valuation, and portfolio investment valuation. A strict RICS guideline is followed in the matter of undertaking and its valuation.
Commercial valuation consultants provide specialized assessment of various individual and portfolio assets, industrial analysis, offices, unoccupied land, commercial section, hotels, housing section, apartments, condominiums, business parks, warehousing facilities, consideration for airplane stores, automotive service facilities, and every type of building assessment residential or commercial.